Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wal-Mart Supporter

So those of you who know me, know that I am a big Wal-Mart fan. Almost everything in our house is "Equate," "Parent's Choice," or "Great Value." Towards the end of my pregnancy I was starting to get things ready for the baby and figured I'd better buy some diapers and wipes. Many of our friends/family members told me, "Don't bother buying the Wal-Mart brand diapers...they leak and are worthless." Because I am a loyal Wal-Mart fan, I didn't listen to their advice and I purchased a jumbo pack of newborn "Parent's Choice" diapers. I used up this pack and had no problems with them. Well yesterday I was re-organizing some of Brooklyn's things and came across a pack of diapers that we had been given at our prepared childbirth class. Since they were newborn size diapers I figured I'd better use them up while she still fits in them. After giving Brooklyn her bath yesterday I put on a Huggies diaper. Brooklyn was somewhat fussy so I put her in her swing so I could get the dishes done. A little while later I walked into the room and picked up Brooklyn only to find a big brown spot on the outside of her blanket. As I unwrapped her, I noticed she managed to not only poop through her onesie and outfit, but also through her blanket onto the swing. Lovely... a blowout :) I changed her and put on a "Parent's Choice" diaper. This afternoon I decided to try one of the Pampers brand diapers that we had been given at the hospital. I put it on her, fed her a bottle, and set her in her bouncy seat. A little while later she was crying so I went to pick her up only to find everything was wet. Yes, she peed through.
So, to make a long story short....my advice to new moms is to buy the Wal-Mart brand diapers....the other brands leak!!! Our daughter may look like Eric, but at least she inherited one trait from me...my love for Wal-Mart!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's funny! I loved pampers when Avery was younger, but they are so expensive. I now do some Walmart brand and some Luvs....whatever is cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait...... :) I'm with Holly - I loved Pampers,but I always made sure to have a coupon if I'd ever buy them! :) - Steph

    ReplyDelete