Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Just thought I'd update you on a couple of things. The last 3-4 weeks Brooklyn has been quite fussy, often screaming for hours at a time. I took her to the doctor last week and he thinks she has acid reflux so he prescribed her Zantac. We started her on the medicine last Friday and we thought it was working because Saturday and Sunday she was so good, but then Monday she was quite fussy and today she has been crying most of the day. It is so hard to hear her screaming like that because you can tell by her cry that something is hurting her but there isn't much I can do! Today she screamed for 2 hours straight in my arms and after feeding her, changing her, and holding her in every imaginable position, I realized there was nothing I could do to make her stop. I just put her in her swing and went in the basement for a few minutes just to clear my head! She eventually cried herself to sleep which was very hard for me to let her do. I have a doctor's appointment on Friday so we will see if there is anything else we can try. It is crazy how she will have 2 days in a row where she is so good, and then she will have a couple of days where she cries nonstop. Ahhhh!!!

Brooklyn continues to grow like a weed. At 5 weeks she weighed 10 lbs. 11 oz. and was 22 and a 1/2 inches long. She is in the 95 percentile! Soon she is going to be off the charts I'm sure!
.
Check out those cheeks! :)
.
Watching "The Office" with Dad. The show has the same effect on me (sorry all you Office lovers!)
.
.
Tummy time--trying to develop those neck muscles...
.
which, probably due to the size/weight of her cheeks, she HATES!!!
.
.
Checking out her new toy
.
Hanging out on the floor

No comments:

Post a Comment