Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Almost a month old

It is crazy to think that Brooklyn will be a month old on Thursday. Where does the time go? As you can see from the pictures, she has filled out quite a bit! Last week Tuesday she weighed 9 lbs. 15 oz!!! Most of the weight has been gained in her cheeks :) She is becoming more and more fussy and we are hoping this is a temporary phase. We do a lot of walking around and bouncing. She also has figured out how to instantly wake up the minute I set her down...whether it's in her cradle, bouncy seat, etc. It's crazy how she will be sleeping for 15+ minutes in my arms and the minute I set her down she wakes up and cries.

Yesterday Brooklyn made her first appearance in jail. I took her to visit Eric at work. Let's just say that when a relatively "clean" woman and an infant walk into the jail, they get a lot of looks from inmates and jail staff :) Once they figured out I was Eric's wife it made a little more sense to them :) I forgot my camera at home yesterday so I didn't get any pictures of her at the jail. Grrr...

The weather continues to be really cold which is getting old. There are weeks where going to church is the only time I leave the house. I am ready for spring!

Here is a picture of her first "real" bath. She is not too sure about bath time. She either has a horrified/confused look on her face (like below) or she screams the entire time. Her hair has some curl to it when it is wet which you can see in the picture.


This past weekend good friends of ours came to visit. Their daughter is almost exactly a year older than Brooklyn. It's crazy to think that Brooklyn will be that big next year!
Of course, we had to play Settlers. This is how Eric multi-tasks. It's way too fun of a game to take a break to feed your daughter :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! (except for the 4th picture...is that a friend from the jail?)

    We should get together again sometime soon - I need to reclaim the Settlers champion status!

    ReplyDelete