Monday, August 17, 2009

Uneventful

Uneventful...that basically sums up our life right now. Last week Eric was gone on a fishing trip to Pierre so Brooklyn and I spent a lot of time outside going on walks, swinging at the park, and swimming in her little pool. I am going to miss doing this stuff during the day with her when I go back to school. I love spending so much time with her!!!! Brooklyn has been doing absolutely wonderful lately. Two weeks ago I took her back in because she was projectile vomiting after each feeding and I was sick of scrubbing my carpet 5+ times a day (and all the blankets, bibs, spit rags, shirts, etc. and everything else that got hit). We would sit her on blankets or towels on the floor and somehow she still would manage to get our carpet! The doctor put her on Zantac again and the combination of that and the soy formula has done the trick (when she was on Zantac at 4 weeks old, she was still on milk-based formula and not soy). After her third dose of the medicine she slept from 9:00 p.m. until 4:30 a.m. straight!!!!! She has basically done this now every night since then and sometimes even makes it until 6:00 a.m.!!!! It is wonderful to get a large amount of interrupted sleep again...it had been WAY too long! She is also napping more during the day. She is so happy and makes us laugh non-stop. She is at such a fun age and it is so neat to see her develop/change each week. Here's some pictures for you to enjoy!
.
She likes to cock her head to the side now....hmmm, is this an Auntie Shelly trait?? :)
.
Swimming in my pool...
.
Just lounging in Dad's chair...
As you can see in the pictures by her many rolls, Brooklyn loves to eat. Awhile back I was unloading the dishwasher and Brooklyn was in her saucer watching me. As I took some of her baby spoons out of the dishwasher she started to shake and get all excited. I put the spoons in the drawer and she started crying. I took one back out and showed it to her and immediately she stopped crying and started to pant and get all excited. It was hilarious!!! Here is a video showing you how excited she gets when she sees food. I wish you could hear her panting in the video. Watch her arms and legs go though...she gets the shakes!!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Amy! I can't believe how her arms and legs just tremble:) And sitting with an open mouth! (I only wish my kids did that!!!They're just too busy to eat. . .)

    ReplyDelete