Monday, August 31, 2009

Here we go again!!

Tomorrow I start school. The beginning and ending of each school year is always bitter sweet. I am excited in some ways, yet nervous and anxious too. This year is going to be extra tough because I will have to leave Brooklyn each day (and be out of the house at 7:00 a.m. fully functioning on little sleep!!!). I know she is receiving awesome care while I am at school, but after being home with her every day all summer, it will be an adjustment for both of us!!!

We all have been sick here. Eric first had a bad head cold/sore throat. The next week Brooklyn got a bad cold and after a few days developed ear infection. Three days after that I went in and had a sinus infection. No fun!!!! I am hoping we are on the mends here and that the sickness doesn't continue on and on like it did during the school year last year. I guess that is one of the joys of being a teacher--you are exposed to a lot of crud each day! Hand sanitizer has become my new best friend.

We haven't really done anything fun lately so I'll share a few pictures of everyday life.

Brooklyn enjoying her duck tub that we got from her cousin. The first few baths she screamed because she was deathly afraid of the thing--especially when it quacked (you need to pinch its beak)! Now she loves it!!

.
Daddy getting me out of the tub.

.
Brooklyn cheesin' out

.
Her first corn on the cob experience

Sorry these videos are so dark. Our digital camera isn't exactly high quality :)

1 comment:

  1. She is so adorable. Hope school goes well. I know my mom was anxious about this year at Edgerton too. I am sure after a couple weeks you will be right in the swing of it again.

    ReplyDelete