Friday, August 7, 2009

The Fair

Two nights last week we took Brooklyn to the Rock County Fair. She loved it! All the animals, noise, and people to look at were right up her alley! Here are some pictures:


.

.
So my Mom thought Brooklyn should get up close and personal with the sheep...

.
and, by the look on Brooklyn's face, you can tell what she thought of that idea :)

.

.

.



.
A beautiful rainbow after the rain storm. We decided to walk to the fair that night--bad idea! We were stuck in one of the buildings for over an hour waiting out the storm. We were a bit wet and muddy by the time we got home.
I have a funny story to share with you that happened today. A friend of mine had a baby yesterday so Brooklyn and I went to see her at the hospital. While we were there Brooklyn started to get fussy, so after pulling out every toy/object in her diaper bag in hopes of distracting her, I decided it was time to go home. When I buckled her in her car seat she started to cry and by the time I got on the road, she was screaming. Thankfully we live close to the hospital (I hate it when she screams in the car...way too small of a space for that kind of noise :) So I pull into our garage and quickly went to open the back car door, when I see a cop car with its lights on in our driveway. Oh great! The officer gets out of his car (and our neighbor kids come running out of their house to see what's going on) and tells me that I was speeding. I immediately apologized and told him that my daughter was screaming and I just wanted to get her home. On the verge of tears, I again told him I was sorry and that my baby was crying and I was just focused on getting home. At that point I realized Brooklyn was still in the car so I went to get her thinking that once he heard her high-pitched, deafening screams that he would understand and let me off the hook. So I take her out of her seat and she immediately is quiet and looks over at the police officer and smiles...SMILES!!!! Not just a little grin either--a big huge smile!!! Seriously!!! Not only did he pull me over for speeding, but now he is going to think I am a liar too!!! Thankfully her eyes were all red and she still had tears running down her face. Again I try to explain myself while he is running my license and then Brooklyn started to fuss again so he told me this time I was off the hook and that just because I have a daughter who is crying in the backseat, doesn't make it okay to speed. I thanked him and quickly grabbed Brooklyn and took her in the house...before she could look at him and give him another smile. I guess there are advantages to having a baby that can really scream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment