Thursday, February 19, 2009

No such luck...

So last time I posted how Brooklyn was doing better...well, those couple of days must have been a fluke. This week has been a struggle! She has done so much screaming in the last 4 days I don't know how her little body can handle it (I can't even handle it!!!). Today she was screaming and I couldn't calm her down so I just put her in her cradle, turned the vacuum on, closed the door, and left the room. I went in the basement to do laundry and she screamed for an hour and a half straight. I finally didn't have the heart to let her cry anymore so I went in and picked her up. She continued to cry for 45 more minutes in my arms until finally she wore herself out and fell asleep. I have taken her to the chiropractor twice this week and it doesn't seem to be helping. The chiropractor flipped out that she is on Zantac. He said it could do serious damage to her digestive system since she is so young. I am not sure if he is correct or if he is just an "all-natural" type of doctor that doesn't believe in medicine. Who knows!! I am willing to try anything and everything at this point! We just hope she outgrows this soon because it is stressful. I guess it makes going back to work in a week more appealing :) I am not sure how our daycare provider will handle it. She has twin daughters who are 2 and a 1 year old son, plus another teacher's daughter so she will have her hands full to say the least!

We would appreciate prayers for Brooklyn. The last few weeks haven't been much fun! Hopefully things will turn around and get better soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy--I sure hope Brooklyn will get out of this stage soon! For you and for her. . .I get tense for you--listening to that crying sure is draining! I wanted to tell you that if I ever look at your blog or facebook when the kids are around and they see Brooklyn, they always think it is Avery:) We'll have to get them together in person to see if they look like twins! Hang in there and I hope the transition back to work goes well!
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ames ~

    Sorry to hear about Brooklyn. Have you tried gripe water? It is a natural liquid (somewhat like the gas drops). I heard from many parents that it really helped their kids. I tried it a few times with Avery and it seemed to help too.

    We will be praying for you!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete