Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summertime fun

Even though the weather has been quite rainy and cool the last few weeks, we have had a few dry, sunny days where I took Brooklyn to the park. She absolutely loves it! She loves swinging, going down the slide with me, and just staring at the trees and grass. She's at a fun age now where she enjoys doing things and being outside. Tonight we took her swimming for the first time and she loved that too. A couple of times she got splashed which scared her but no tears were shed. I am hoping that the hour and a half of swimming will tire her out so that she actually sleeps through the night tonight. HAHAHAHA!!!
I took her in to the doctor again yesterday because she has been crying so much again and up 5-6 times a night crying and flailing and just not content or consolable. She is finished with her antibiotics from her ear infection and I thought that maybe her ears were still bothering her, but the doctor said her ears were clear. She thinks it's a combination of a growth spurt and teething. She told me to feed her more formula during the day and night and also feed her baby food at least 3 times a day. I don't know what to do! The kid already has five or six 8oz. bottles a day plus I started her on baby food last week too. You can tell by the size of her cheeks that she isn't exactly lacking any nutrition!!!! :) It's so hard when you see a different on-call doctor each time you go in because they all tell you different things. One doctor tells you she's eating too much and that you shouldn't be feeding her during the night anymore, and then another doctor tells you to feed her whenever she'll take it. Next week I have Brooklyn's well-check appointment with our family practice doctor so hopefully I'll have more answers then.

Here are a few pictures of our recent outings to the park and pool.
I love swinging!
.
Mmmmm...sweet potatoes. Don't worry, I am a much better
eater now. I actually get some in my mouth!
Having fun at the pool!
Chewing on my fingers...my newest hobby.
Drying off with Mom
Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable picture of her in the swing! Such chubby cheeks:)

    ReplyDelete